Probation & Parole Officer I
A Probation and Parole Officer 1 supervises felons and misdemeanants through counseling, enforces conditions of supervision, conducts criminal justice social background investigations of offenders, conducts arrests, transports violators, prepares reports for courts and parole board, administers drug tests and evaluates results.
- Effective July 2, 2007 a Special Entrance Rate of $2504.66 monthly was implemented to all newly hired Probation and Parole Officer 1/Adult employees.
- If you are interested in applying, visit the Louisiana Civil Service website at www.jobs.la.gov ; for directions on how to navigate the site click here.
- Employment Benefits for Corrections and Probation and Parole Officers
- A baccalaureate degree OR six years full-time work experience in any field
- US Citizen or meet standards of US Naturalization and Immigration Service for employment
- No felony convictions
- No misdemeanor convictions of domestic violence
- Able to carry firearms
- Not a candidate or hold a political office
- Possession of a valid Louisiana driver’s license
- Willingness and ability to complete Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) academy and attain POST certification
- Pass a physical examination and psychological test
- Acceptable score on Civil Service Professional Level Exam (PLE)
Click here for a map of Probation and Parole Districts across Louisiana.