The Human Resources division of the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections, Corrections Services is committed to employing a productive and diversified workforce that enables the Department to successfully achieve its mission. Under the direction of the Undersecretary, the Headquarters Human Resources Division is responsible for developing policies and procedures that support all field Human Resources Offices throughout the Department. Our goal is simple: to attract and retain competent and skilled staff that will carry out our mission of providing public safety to the citizens of Louisiana.
Please browse this section to learn more about the career opportunities and benefits we offer to our employees. If you have questions regarding employment with the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, Corrections Services please contact us at (225) 342-6620.
LA DPS&C-Corrections Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age or disability.
Headquarters Human Resources Functions/Services
- Provides human resources support to 10 (24 hour) institutions located statewide, DOC Administration, Prison Enterprises, and the Division of Probation and Parole
- Supports the Department’s administration by providing information to assist in the implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures
- Provides timely and accurate human resources services to all employees of the Department
- Ensures personnel transactions comply with all federal and state laws and regulations
- Assists managers and supervisors throughout the state with all human resource-related issues
- Participates in various state and national organizations to enhance our knowledge of critical human resources programs
- Provides extensive training for employees to ensure knowledgeable and useful assistance in all facets of human resources